View Poll Results: Will gun confiscation work in America...

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it will work, and please take my guns first...

0 0%
  • Does the expression "cold, dead fingers" strike a familiar note...

3 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show of hands...

Show of hands...

Please choose one option to indicate your level of belief in the theory that gun confiscation can be successfully applied nationwide, helping to bring an end to unnecessary violence......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What steps have you taken to ensure the integrity of the poll?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It's a Fake Poll......

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    What steps have you taken to ensure the integrity of the poll?
    I rely on the personal integrity, and sincere interest in truth exhibited by our members here......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    It's a Fake Poll......
    Obviously so is the pollster......Ben

I only have one gun and I plan on keeping it....

I don't talk or post about what I may or may not possess
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I'm just a has been
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Really got you riled, eh Ben?

How about a third option:

3) Any solution that inconveniences me is unacceptable and I'm just fine with other people dying as long as I get to do whatever the hell I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Really got you riled, eh Ben?
    Not at all, just trying to spur conversation...Seems to have worked on you though, Kevin......Ben

At some point, those who have no solution to propose other than "no" have to ask themselves if they are OK with mass shootings being a feature of our nation. Are you OK with the mass shootings as a price for the freedom to enjoy your firearms? If not, what do you propose as a solution? I think we are past the the idea that a solution exists that does not affect gun owners. I've never heard of one, at least. So if that is your benchmark, then you need to at least own the fact that you are opting for the present situation - periodic mass shootings that virtually no other nation tolerates.

In the end, I think that acceptance that others will die so that you can enjoy your firearms without restriction is immoral. It is one thing to be willing to die for your beliefs. It is another entirely to ask others to put themselves on the line for your beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Not at all, just trying to spur conversation...Seems to have worked on you though, Kevin......Ben
    Since this thread exists in response to my questions to you regarding confiscation, I have to ask just who spurred whom?

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    You spurred more than conversation..

You spurred the great shotgun transformation mystery..

25/30 years ago I inherited a shotgun.. a JC Higgins 12 gauge pump.. to prepare myself for a wiseass reply to this thread, I did some research.. I discovered that according to the internet, the JC Higgins 12 ga pump is “the greatest shotgun ever made”.. so.. just to be sure, I go to check the model number.. (do I own the greatest shotgun ever made?)..

Well the short answer is no…. It’s a Winchester 1897..

How did that happen??

BTW.. I can’t participate in the poll.. the poll asks about guns.. (like Philbo) I don’t own guns.. sorry.. (and I don’t even own the gun (no s) that I thought that I owned..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I don’t own guns.. sorry.. (and I don’t even own the gun (no s) that I thought that I owned..
    None of us own guns...We're just the caretakers until the next one shows up...I've taken care of some 18K in my lifetime counting two firearm businesses...That number even included a few Winchester 1897's......Ben

I do remember carrying one of these in 1976 to make a point to the local Junkies

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1050-Colt-Python-357-Magnum-revolver-with-6-inch-barrel_00.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	38837
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"