Thread: PA primary for Governor

PA primary for Governor

The swamp of nine rino candidates was bested by a true certified trumpian who comes complete with insurrection credentials and spouting conspiracy theories by the bucket full. He garnered 44%, twice the second place candidate totaled. He had full fledged endorsement by this hero.

There is good news----I simply cannot imagine that he can win in the fall. I will add that I will vote for the Democrat for Governor, something I never would have expected me to say. His opponent will be Josh Shapiro who ran uncontested. Shapiro is a professional politician, currently PA AG and former county commissioner in my home county. He is a self-serving opportunist (synonym for professional politician) which I dislike---but in this case I will set that to the side to vote against a conspiracist and hate purveyor
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    .....Shapiro is a professional politician, currently PA AG and former county commissioner in my home county. He is a self-serving opportunist (synonym for professional politician) ........
    In my experience most AGs, DAs and county commissioners fall into this category.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke