Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From the reluctant land of oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    ....... stuck in the middle with you”..

Smart kids..

Not a bad place to be my friend
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

An excellent tie to Egan and Rafferty's lyrics. For many of us 1972 was a good year.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I should have updated this last week, oz won the rino primary. It didn't matter much, his opponent claimed to be politically the same as oz claims. The Democratic candidate, John Fetterman, was unopposed. He is too far to the left for me so I guess I will be voting for Paul Ryan again in the fall!

I think I shall get a rubber stamp with Paul Ryan's name---it could save me a lot of time
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I think I shall get a rubber stamp with Paul Ryan's name---it could save me a lot of time
    Wouldn't work here...I have to use a rotary, one-letter-at-a-time machine to write in Phillbo's name......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Looks to me like Fetterman and Oz are fairly even in current polls - which means this race is one to watch.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Big news from the land of more than Oz..

Some serious crazy politicians in Pennsylvania.. I guess that the south doesn’t have a monopoly..

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...mastriano.html

And I liked Potato Rolls..

That my friend is one scary dude, he even has the rino party worried.