Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the reluctant land of oz

From the reluctant land of oz

...that would be Pennsylvania

The primary (in which I am unable to vote because I claim no identity to either side) is next Tuesday----and while it likely will not result in a break at least the contenders will be fewer.

Some of the claims are astounding:

I will cut the gas tax---of course you will, under what authority?
    I will fire Facui---of course you will, under what authority (that is oz)

"I will" is the common thread proclaimed by them all----right

It goes on and on---the wild claims they seem to think everyone (and possibly even them) believes they could accomplish---it is a damn insult to me

I agree with my wife, oz is creepy-----personally endorsed by none other than Oprah Winfrey and donnie trump----what a pedigree

oz is being chased down by a black woman, trump lover, who can't be vetted because she won't give details of her past, other than a very rough start in life. She is a bit of a MTG on steroids. All the rinos are trying to wrap themselves in trump's mantra, even ones he has disparaged.

Sadly, the moderates of both parties are not doing well
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-13-2022 at 10:34 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah, what is the new fringe Republican schtick with defending their crazy-ass tweets from years ago? MTG, Boebert, Barnette - they all say "that doesn't sound like me, I didn't write that, someone on my staff did, I was just retweeting what someone else wrote", etc. Once confronted, they are trying to evade any responsibility for their own words.

damn and I thought you meant this

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Another change is the prevalence of "generic" negative attack ads. These are loaded with disinformation----the "polite" term for lies and bull chit, which attack candidates. They are funded by PACs who try to create an image of being unaffiliated to any candidate, which is part of the lies. The rinos are currently leading in this perverse game in PA--at least in this cycle. It casts a pall over the entire process. By the time they get done with each other why would we want to vote for any of them?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Too close to call on the oz, but there is a ray of sun shine in that stampede of seven. Of that gaggle four were also rans. The top three were all trumpers with a black women, Kathy Burnette, a fox alum possibly even more scary than oz. Recently pictures of her marching with the Proud Boys at the insurrection showed up. The second place dude is a political butterfly (much like oz) who morphed "as needed" to what he thought necessary. Actually the women is the only one of the top three that has prominence as a trumpian rino.

It was embarrassing to watch as they all tried to wrap themselves in trump's defiled flag.

Two polled in the low thirty % and the third 25%. That tells me that none of them were "embraced" by the voters and I hope carries into the fall.

The winner will have to face off against another scary (in the mold of Bernie Sanders) dude who won with 59% in a field of 3. He won every county in the state.

It looks like y'all have nominated a real winner for governor, too.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    One of the talking heads on TV was saying that PA is a good possibility of Democrats winning.. just because of who the Republicans are nominating.

Such can happen.. Virginia GOP was “taken over” by the far right faction (10-15 years ago) and nominated such extreme candidates that they scared the purple middle away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    One of the talking heads on TV was saying that PA is a good possibility of Democrats winning.. just because of who the Republicans are nominating..........
    I think there is a good chance of that happening nation wide. I don't know which side is worse at this point.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

If I was an advertising agent and tasked with the job of putting a slogan for the 2022 elections it would be "Pick Your Poison". Both parties are so effed up it's sickening. Although there's a heavy dose of anti-republican diatribe being slung around the Democrats are not one damn bit better.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm a little ashamed to post this

My youngest son called me this morning to tell me about one of the rino candidates for LT Governor.

Much to my surprise I knew him---he was one of the kids that hung out here with my youngest son. He drove a lifted big wheel truck--but what I remember more clearly is that his hoty blond mother was a real estate agent and drove a corvette. I can't say that he was a bad kid but he wasn't one of my favorite either.

Anyway---after high school he went to WVA State and failed out after one term, went into the Military and when he came back he ended up getting a job in town as a cop, got fired from that, got another job as a cop in the neighboring township and got fired from there (his mother had been working those jobs for him). He then went to Maryland and repeated the same short term employment down there----and then I lost all knowledge of him---until now

He has left a long trail of failures----and then showed up on the ballot running for Lt Governor---and endorsed by the jerk that won the rino primary. Luckily teddy came in a distant third

His own bio is 90% lies.

Teddy has created an imaginary persona---he fits right in with trump---just living the lies

White trash just hanging out

Apparently Teddy hasn't gotten over big tires
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	38834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	38835Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	38836
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-18-2022 at 06:52 PM.

I heard where Trump told Oz to claim the win, makes it harder to claim the loss.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

This chit show is headed for a mandatory recount.

It's ironic that at least one of these big lie pushers will have to claim THIS election wasn't rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Pick Your Poison...
    I nominate this 3-worded bumper sticker for any vehicle displaying political cues.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The John Steward, Steven Colbert March on Washington (x10 years ago) took place on a Saturday that I was on the Mall

One nice looking 30 something couple held a banner saying “clown to the left of me, Jokers to the right.. stuck in the middle with you”..

Smart kids..