Thread: From the reluctant land of oz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

From the reluctant land of oz

...that would be Pennsylvania

The primary (in which I am unable to vote because I claim no identity to either side) is next Tuesday----and while it likely will not result in a break at least the contenders will be fewer.

Some of the claims are astounding:

I will cut the gas tax---of course you will, under what authority?
    I will fire Facui---of course you will, under what authority (that is oz)

"I will" is the common thread proclaimed by them all----right

It goes on and on---the wild claims they seem to think everyone (and possibly even them) believes they could accomplish---it is a damn insult to me

I agree with my wife, oz is creepy-----personally endorsed by none other than Oprah Winfrey and donnie trump----what a pedigree

oz is being chased down by a black woman, trump lover, who can't be vetted because she won't give details of her past, other than a very rough start in life. She is a bit of a MTG on steroids. All the rinos are trying to wrap themselves in trump's mantra, even ones he has disparaged.

Sadly, the moderates of both parties are not doing well
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-13-2022 at 10:34 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah, what is the new fringe Republican schtick with defending their crazy-ass tweets from years ago? MTG, Boebert, Barnette - they all say "that doesn't sound like me, I didn't write that, someone on my staff did, I was just retweeting what someone else wrote", etc. Once confronted, they are trying to evade any responsibility for their own words.

damn and I thought you meant this

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Another change is the prevalence of "generic" negative attack ads. These are loaded with disinformation----the "polite" term for lies and bull chit, which attack candidates. They are funded by PACs who try to create an image of being unaffiliated to any candidate, which is part of the lies. The rinos are currently leading in this perverse game in PA--at least in this cycle. It casts a pall over the entire process. By the time they get done with each other why would we want to vote for any of them?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Too close to call on the oz, but there is a ray of sun shine in that stampede of seven. Of that gaggle four were also rans. The top three were all trumpers with a black women, Kathy Burnette, a fox alum possibly even more scary than oz. Recently pictures of her marching with the Proud Boys at the insurrection showed up. The second place dude is a political butterfly (much like oz) who morphed "as needed" to what he thought necessary. Actually the women is the only one of the top three that has prominence as a trumpian rino.

It was embarrassing to watch as they all tried to wrap themselves in trump's defiled flag.

Two polled in the low thirty % and the third 25%. That tells me that none of them were "embraced" by the voters and I hope carries into the fall.

The winner will have to face off against another scary (in the mold of Bernie Sanders) dude who won with 59% in a field of 3. He won every county in the state.

It looks like y'all have nominated a real winner for governor, too.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke