My wife went with me to do the grocery shopping today, the first time in months. The ablation is clearly having a beneficial impact. She now can walk with a cane where previously she had to use a walker.

As we were on the way to the store she told me that a friend of ours had told her about a new bald eagle nest but she wasn't sure exactly were. She gave me two roads she thought it might be on.

After doing the shopping, going for gas ($4.06 after my $0.49/gal grocery discount) and taking the bride out for breakfast we went in search of the eagles. I picked the road I thought most likely because it runs along a pretty good trout stream. We had not gone more than a half mile when up in the top of a big old American Sycamore tree sat an Eagle watching the stream. It was easy to see since the tree was not fully leafed out. We continued on about another half mile to an easy place to turn around and started back. As we neared the eagle I saw the nest, probably 200 yards from where it was perched. It just might be the largest eagle nest I have ever seen but I will have to look more closely at it before I make that claim with confidence. Were it is located in another sycamore it is only visible from one direction because of fully leafed out trees.

We did not linger, I have no desire to make them uneasy and I will be very careful in my future observations-----but I am excited. This will be the second nesting within 5 miles of us