Thread: An exciting day

An exciting day

My wife went with me to do the grocery shopping today, the first time in months. The ablation is clearly having a beneficial impact. She now can walk with a cane where previously she had to use a walker.

As we were on the way to the store she told me that a friend of ours had told her about a new bald eagle nest but she wasn't sure exactly were. She gave me two roads she thought it might be on.

After doing the shopping, going for gas ($4.06 after my $0.49/gal grocery discount) and taking the bride out for breakfast we went in search of the eagles. I picked the road I thought most likely because it runs along a pretty good trout stream. We had not gone more than a half mile when up in the top of a big old American Sycamore tree sat an Eagle watching the stream. It was easy to see since the tree was not fully leafed out. We continued on about another half mile to an easy place to turn around and started back. As we neared the eagle I saw the nest, probably 200 yards from where it was perched. It just might be the largest eagle nest I have ever seen but I will have to look more closely at it before I make that claim with confidence. Were it is located in another sycamore it is only visible from one direction because of fully leafed out trees.

We did not linger, I have no desire to make them uneasy and I will be very careful in my future observations-----but I am excited. This will be the second nesting within 5 miles of us
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Best news is the wife's making progress. Pictures of the eagles next time please.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

happy to hear wifey is doing better
    it's time to change the air in my head

Thanks guys----me too!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    happy to hear wifey is doing better
    Ditto dat......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Sounds as if you can off-load grocery shopping as a chore. Call it "rehab".

The wife doing better is grand news, Dave!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

She just told me that she is going to go swimming tomorrow---I hope it goes well for her. She used to swim twice a week religiously but had to stop toward the end of last year.

She isn't going to get the solo shopping back---that is part of my PT!

My wife did water therapy after her many back surgeries and loved it. The water takes the weight off the body and allows movement with less pain.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

That mirrors my wife's experience. She has been universally encouraged in that by all of her doctors.
    She also goes to PT twice a week, which they recently told her she will likely need to do for the rest of her life.