Thread: Memories

Memories

My wife is going through "stuff" and this photo came to the surface yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220510_084728.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	188.3 KB 
ID:	38815

The year was 1991, our daughter's wedding day. She was an Air Force LT RN and her lucky groom was also a newly minted Air Force pilot (B-52). The groom's men were all pilots as well.

I can't help but note the look on my face, I really was happy for them

All of the groom's men stayed at our house and it was a marvelous weekend These guys drank--not to being drunk but they drank. It was one unending party for three days. They were all great young men and we still get Christmas cards from two of them

On Sunday, I had to go to NJ to replenish the beer supply (Pa still had blue laws).

Today she is a Nurse Practitioner at Children's Hospital in Philadelphia and her husband flies Boeing 777s for United out of Newark.

Yesterday he was teasing me from Frankfurt with pictures of his dinner of spargle and schnitzel---knowing how I love spargle---kids
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That is an outstanding photo. Obviously, 1991 is a year to remember.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Be thankful she looks like her beautiful mother. You married well, Dave. Your wife, on the other hand...

What is the significance of the bracelet on your right wrist?

Points for style - the double-breasted suit is very cool.

Your daughter is absolutely radiant. Beautiful flowers, but that smile on her face is beating them out by a mile.

Thank you Kevin----I got very lucky

I was reminded of our daughter's radiance, which she has always had, on Monday when she was here because she had worked on Mother's Day. She brings the sunshine with her when she walks into a room---or calls. She works 13 hour shifts and will often call when she is on her way home after 8 PM and just to hear her voice brightens me up. It is a testimony to her nature, that after such a long day she always sounds bright and positive.

No significance of the bracelet---I guess it was a short lived "bling" period

I did not have to wear a tux since the wedding party was all in dress blues. That was a time that I wore suits to work five days a week and traveled in a suit. I would never had thought of getting on an airplane without a coat and tie. I had a number of double breasted suits because I found them more comfortable than single breasted and less prone to style changes. At the time a change in lapels or buttons could render your single breasted suit inventory obsolete. The company I worked for was all about design and appearance, being out of style would have not gone unnoticed

If we would have had "casual Friday's" at the time, I probably would have dressed down to slacks and a sports coat.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis