Thread: A new twist for the Cummins B?...

A new twist for the Cummins B?...

i can't imagine my mighty Dodge/Cummins with a hydrogen tank, but apparently Cummins can...
    Cummins declared that the B engine, used by Ram for three decades (currently 6.7 liters in Rams), will be made in forms that can burn diesel, natural gas, or hydrogen—not to mention gasoline and propane. (The engine is already made in natural gas or diesel versions.)
    I'm aware of the technology available to make diesel engines run on natural gas, the trucks used locally by Waste Management have used them for many years...I just can't imagine my Cummins 6.7 liter B engine running on propane or pump gas though...

Diesel costs so much lately that I've even cut back on traveling to out of town gun shows, but I'll stay with it to the end......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

They're starting construction for what will be the world's largest Hydrogen production facility in Delta, Utah.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...cid=uxbndlbing

Senator Romney: “I’m pleased to see (the energy department) support Utah’s efforts to become the world’s largest hydrogen hub,” he said. “This is not only a win for Millard County and Utah, but it is also an important step toward developing new energy technologies as we utilize an ‘all of the above’ approach to meet our energy demands.”

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

With Diesel over $5.00 here I'm glad to be driving an Eco Boost.

Wow... Cummins is doing wonderful things... Like:

https://www.internationaltrucks.com/engines/cummins-x15

Yeah, I don't need one that big, but I want one.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    With Diesel over $5.00 here I'm glad to be driving an Eco Boost.
    I was paying between $5.349 to $5.699 on my trip back.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Try $6.26!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Try $6.26!
    I can still buy it here for $4.99...I suppose I should be grateful......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I have owned stock in a Westport Fuel Systems in Canada for years, they make NG conversions for Cummins and International as well as others. You can buy trucks with the conversion on them from the factory. It has been a giant "loss leader" for me (down 93.69% as of today). My ventures into the oil and gas industry has been less than stellar---I also had a large lot of Nobel, an offshore driller---they went broke
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis