Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is way cool !

I've been trying for a while to upload a video of the 4014 Big Boy going between Brule and Ogallala on Aug 6, 2021. I was driving home and caught it going by.

Lets see if this works. Facebook
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    Lets see if this works. Facebook
    Won't work for me, I don't use that site......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

It didn't like me either

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	38817
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sorry I figured you needed a Facebook account.

Let's try this, that didn't work.

Let's try this.

https://youtu.be/8bBFqeucExE
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

I'm jealous
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'm jealous
    Oh yeah!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Here is a link to the area that Hunter and I had talked about not too long ago and came up again with Sandman's post about Helper Utah.

I never saw the number of engines on any trains climbing the grade from Helper to Soldier's Summit as seen on this video-----but what I did see stood the hair up on the back of me neck.

There is one place in Price River Valley in this video that shows the power plant that I had been talking to Hunter about.

Back to the trains---I believe this to be true, the number of pusher engines is limited---too much push can lead to a derailment. By inserting helpers in the middle of the train they can increase the total horsepower of the pushers since they are both pushing and pulling.

There are vistas along that climb where the train is down in the narrow canyon and you can view it from above and get the full effect of the sound of the engines

Ahhh... Helper Utah. Wifey is from a ghost town within a stone's throw of it. How small was it? The town of Dragerton was disincorporated shortly after her birth.

At times I'm an ass and tease her about being from a town that's so old that it died. Yeah, it doesn't get a laugh from her either.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead