Thread: Just sayin

Just sayin

While doing a search for something unrelated this story turned up.

I didn't get past the opening paragraph. When anything has this amount of "code speak" in one paragraph I am off---I know what I am going to get and poorly shrouded bias is not what I am looking for---I'll apply my own bias thank you

AUSTIN, Texas — On a muggy morning in mid-June, Gov. Greg Abbott wheeled into a crowded event hall on the grounds of the Alamo in San Antonio to celebrate the signing of one of the most gun-friendly laws ever passed in Texas. Once the law took effect, most Texans over the age of 21 — the adult population of the nation’s second-largest state — would be able to carry handguns, concealed or openly, with no license and without taking a safety course.

Abbott was surrounded by Lieutenant Gov. Dan Patrick, Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan and the head of the National Rifle Association, Wayne LaPierre. An unmasked audience, including grassroots activists and lawmakers’ families, filled the low-ceilinged, windowless room with the energy of a political rally.
    I have this image of the repulsed reporter wearing a gas mask and fully disposable wardrobe

Let there be no doubt---this is not a pro Abbott comment----I wouldn't get that close to wayne la pew (distant cousin of Pep'e Le Pew) even if I had a gas mask on
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-01-2022 at 10:51 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'd not been keeping up with Texan politics. So, I looked up Gov Abbott to see why he's in a wheelchair. Through no fault of his own, he was out running when a tree fell on him and broke his spine. He overcame his disabling injury - an admirable feat.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead