Thread: got some new neighbors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

got some new neighbors

They moved in a few weeks ago. Mini bikes, RC Cars Typical for this area. I was in my backyard and I hear the distinctive sound of muffled retorts and impacts. I figured airsoft or bow and arrow. I walked over and the dad was in the garage so I asked him. He had that oh sh!t look and said pellet gun. He was relieved when I said cool have fun, the impacts sound like my arrows when they hit the target in my backdoor range. He was like so no problem? I responded hell as long as you have a heavy barrier nobody in the neighborhood is going to care. Turns out he is an Ex Marine and runs some counseling centers and I transport a few of his clients. Small world. Looks like he will fit right in.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

of course this was what I was doing at the time in my yard

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022_0430_13511900_2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	38797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220430_150643.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	326.5 KB 
ID:	38798
    Last edited by TriGuy; 04-30-2022 at 05:11 PM.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Nice. From what you've said, he sounds like someone I'd like to know as well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

House next to me was sold and turned in to an AirBNB... So far no issues. It appears to be renting out for birthday parties. People show up , kids play in the pool for a few hours and then everyone goes away.

I hope it continues that way.

My wife got robbed in an AirBNB in Paris and the cops told her it is common. When people realize an apartment is being rented out to transients they link up with someone in the building that tips them off when the occupant leaves for the day or evening---then the thieves go to work.

My wife was lucky---they didn't get much--a tablet and some jewelry as I recall----she had been robbed on the train a few days prior and they got all the good stuff--including her passport.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Paris does not sound like a fun place to go....