Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technology----I love it!

Interesting to see Frigidaire on Ben's Google link. Wifey and I bought the Frigidaire fridge when we moved in 35 years ago. It just won't die.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I have a friend who is a locksmith/appliance repair business. He says to NEVER upgrade to modern appliances... His son will inherit the business and do very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    LG = Life's Good....
    Lucky Goldstar - South Korean......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I have a friend who is a locksmith/appliance repair business. He says to NEVER upgrade to modern appliances... His son will inherit the business and do very well.
    We have a chest freezer in the basement that we bought in the early 70's----the only thing it knows is to stay cold
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    We have a chest freezer in the basement that we bought in the early 70's----the only thing it knows is to stay cold
    Well before the de-ice came along I suspect. Those things would run forever.

Wish we had room for one, had to settle for upright that is going on 15 or more years.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I bought an Amana when I moved into the house so I could have an ice maker. They left a refrigerator in the kitchen, it's for drinks, cakes and the freezer for pizza and ice cream. The new one is a side by side and you can't even put a frozen pizza in it flat. Living out in the plains of Nebraska I had to pay a deliver company to deliver it and the house being over 100 years old they had to remove the doors to fit through the doors. After the first month I had leaks so I finally called to get a repairman out. I called in October and they could not make it until December, this was in 2019, pre-Covid. I was leaving for Arizona the first of November so they put a note in my file. I gat back and call and with everything going on even the company that was going to originally come out, won't. And since the original warranty was going to expire about the time I got home I paid for an extended one year warranty.

I was told that I could have someone come out and do the repair and submit the bill but she then started to say how much they would cover for travel, labor and they would need to order the parts from Amana. I explained that's the reason for the warranty was for them to take care of their appliance that they had sold. I had them refund the extended warranty and told her that if I couldn't fix it it would end up in the garage for beer and I would buy a different brand. I finally found the two leaks and hope this summer I have no problems.

FYI if someone is looking for a upright freezer, they left one in the wooden garage. It's a Blue Ribbon brand. I'm thinking about pulling the compressor and making it for air.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junk-ice-maker.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	38820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junk-ice-maker.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	38820

someone said Ice Maker?

That would not happen here

But----here is an update. Another guy was here yesterday---he listened to me and looked at the data and found out this refrigerator has multiple problems---no chit kemosabe

There is a bad thermistor in the control (it actually showed an error code) and the damper between the freezer and the refrigerator that operates on a defrost cycle isn't functioning properly.

So, once again we wait for parts and he will be back----I'm guardedly optimistic
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ........So, once again we wait for parts and he will be back----I'm guardedly optimistic
    Will expect a complete report by the end of next year.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'