Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New acquisition

New acquisition

Finally! A little back story. When I first became a police officer in 1978 I was issued at 38 caliber Chief special. However many of the officers most of them senior officers carried the Colt Python 357 Magnum. They were called the "rich" boys because even then they were really pretty expensive. By the time I had enough money to buy one they had quit making it. Well when they started making it again recenty I saw my chance. However for well over a year now I have been unable to find one less than five or six hundred dollars over MSRP if I was able to find one at all. I've been checking the pages here and there and finally saw one at listed MSRP in Utah of all places. It came in today. I really like it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13676.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	481.8 KB 
ID:	38690
    Last edited by Honda; 03-15-2022 at 07:22 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Once in every man's life......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Nice!

I was required to provide my own weapon and the Python was too expensive for me. I traded an old Kawasaki on/off road bike for a Smith & Wesson Model 19 .357 to start out.

The Python is still too expensive for me just to sit in my gun safe.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

It is too expensive no doubt, but I've allowed myself this indulgence.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    It is too expensive no doubt, but I've allowed myself this indulgence.
    Good choice!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I traded an old Kawasaki on/off road bike for a Smith & Wesson Model 19 .357 to start out.
    I just acquired another Model 19-3 myself this weekend in a trade...I think that makes four 4", one 6" and a 2.5"...Great guns...I like S&W's...Colt values keep escalating faster than I can keep up, so I try to stay with what I know......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Smith & wessons have always been my revolvers of choice. I have a few laying around. I would never sell my model 29. I loved dirty Harry too much to do that. But there's just something about this python that cast a spell on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    But there's just something about this python that cast a spell on me.
    I can understand the magic appeal...A Python is one of the few Colts I have never owned in a personal sense...I've owned many in my business life however...Since my resurgence as a collector in the past couple of years, I've bought and traded for a few Colts, and gotten stung on the fluctuating values...I now own zero Colts and about 110 or so Smiths...I'll stay with what I know for the time being......Ben

My first duty firearm was a .38 snub nose 5-shot S&W. A retiring female officer gave it to me. The damned thing was so little in my hand that I had a difficult time speed-loading it in qualifications. I went with 9mm autos after that and still have my dept-issued 9mm Sig Sauer. As I recall, it was $700 in 2002 (I retired in 2003).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My indulgence was a Sig P220. I've always wanted a Sig and they are everything people say about them. I commend you for being patient and finding that deal, though. Everything is just so sky high these days. Enjoy that pistol. They like being shot and sulk if ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    They like being shot and sulk if ignored.
    I foresee a movie plot developing...

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I foresee a movie plot developing...

Hunter
    Hmmm, maybe?...

Nope, Truckman Studios has been darkened and shuttered for years...Only ghosts there now......Ben

Yes, the plot pretty much writes itself.

Hunter

I pulled out my trusty PSE and killed target deer in the back yard after reading this thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9733 (2).jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	517.7 KB 
ID:	38747
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

That is a serious bow.

I like the low-hanging quiver. It's functional and practical.

Hunter