Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get checked!

best of luck to you both
    it's time to change the air in my head

Thanks guys. I have to give my wife credit, she is facing this with no great concern. She wants to be able to walk---and this is the only way that can happen. Today she said she wants to go to the Keys and visit family in Atlanta----I pray that we can do that.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah, I'm late to the party.

This thread makes me realize I've not had a full body scan by a doctor in decades. I do regular colonoscopies but it's time to review the outer layers.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My wife and I have annual full body scans----we were both farm kids and I worked construction for many years after college. Wearing a hard hat was my precaution from the sun.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Best wishes to the wife on her surgery.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Definitely. May it go well, Dave.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I had my Mohs surgery this morning on my face (temple). No big deal

The doctor took off one "layer' checked it under a microscope and then came back and took another pass---and done. All with a local---I didn't feel squat

To my surprise he was followed by a plastic surgeon who closed it up. I'm guessing about six stitches

Four hours post op and I still don't feel anything. Tomorrow I can take the bandage off and take a shower

No reason to fret about this-----go get checked!

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Great news….

And yes.. get checked..

As I understand it, Medicare pays for one full body screening a year…. My dermatologist is a forty something woman.. my daughters age..

Note to first timers, wear clean (read new) skivies and take a shower just before leaving the house..

My dad told me.. when he was going into surgery.. “there isn’t much nastier than an old man’s a$$”.. I don’t know why he chose that time to share, and the context was totally out of character for him.. but I remember his words whenever I go to the doctor, or dentist..

Man, just learned my Wife's sister has colon cancer (which also took out her husband). And, like her husband, she never got scoped.

What's the use of having all this extraordinary medical expertise if we don't use it?

Wifey and I are on colon cancer's hit list - so we get scoped every 5 years. For us, the worst part is the prep, not the procedure itself.

Hunter