Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Dirty dirty Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    I don't know how the Catholic church even still exists. Just knowing a little about their atrocities foisted on children here and the unthinkable history of what they did in Canada to Indian children for way to many years. They just found another 200 plus unmarked graves where kidnapped Indian children were held for decades so they could be taught how to not be savages. That was with beatings, molestations and murder, who were the savages?
    Just for the record, and not to dismiss anything that might have happened to those kids at the hands of their "religious caretakers"---but those schools were under the auspices of the Canadian Government.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Just for the record, and not to dismiss anything that might have happened to those kids at the hands of their "religious caretakers"---but those schools were under the auspices of the Canadian Government.
    There is no "might have happened".

https://www.dw.com/en/canada-bishops...ren/a-59304394
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Guys, you are missing the big picture here.

I mean, after Crusades and Inquisitions and witch burnings and heretic hunting and forced baptisms of entire hemispheres of the globe and selling tickets to get out of purgatory, you think that the Church is going to go out of business for this RECENT stuff? Seriously? Pope Alexander VI had friggin' orgies at the Vatican. Popes got the job after bumping off the incumbent sometimes. One Pope, clearly insane, had his predecessor dug up, his corpse put on trial for witchcraft, questioned the dead Pope very closely, determined that this Pope had no answers to the charges, FOUND THE CORPSE GUILTY, had the corpse dismembered and tossed into the Tiber. Another Pope was all of 12 years old when they trotted him through the priesthood, then elevated him to Bishop, then elected him ALL IN ONE DAY! Women were, at one point, warned about getting too near the Vatican for fear of being raped and sold into slavery. Pope Sixtus taxed all the brothels, figuratively putting a meter between the legs of every prostitute in Rome, to pay for his wars. He got Michelangelo to paint a chapel for him and I've seen it - pretty good work!

You guys really need to let me tell you about my church...

Most religions have many skeletons in their closet.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Most religions have many skeletons in their closet.
    Yes.

My take on it is religions are comprised of Human Beings, who like everyone around them, have faults.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

So has anybody seen the Durham Report in a transcript? I've looked and it's a no show.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    I've looked and it's a no show.
    I did see several web pages about content, one of the interesting ones is called "Durham’s Jaw-Dropping Revelation." https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...ng-revelation/

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I did see several web pages about content, one of the interesting ones is called "Durham’s Jaw-Dropping Revelation." https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...ng-revelation/

Hunter
    Thanks.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson