Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dirty dirty Hillary

And please don't be naive Fox is not the only Network covering this

Trust me---I am not----they have such vaulted company as One America News, and News Max----fellow entertainment venues all competing for the same herd

Comparing them to a news originator like the NYT and the Washington Post is akin to comparing those papers to a clown car---it simply doesn't equate. There is another distinct difference: when the NYT does make a mistake they generally admit that and apologize. The newtainment outlets regard lies and exaggerations as a key plan in their businesses.

Even true conservatives can be annoyed at these amateurish and disingenuous antics.

VIDEO
    Hugh Hewitt Pumps the Brakes on Durham Probe Freakout on Fox News: ‘The Media Has Made too Much of This Filing’
    They remind me of a puppy meeting it's first toad
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Trust me---I am not----they have such vaulted company as One America News, and News Max----fellow entertainment venues all competing for the same herd

Comparing them to a news originator like the NYT and the Washington Post is akin to comparing those papers to a clown car---it simply doesn't equate. There is another distinct difference: when the NYT does make a mistake they generally admit that and apologize. The newtainment outlets regard lies and exaggerations as a key plan in their businesses.

Even true conservatives can be annoyed at these amateurish and disingenuous antics.

They remind me of a puppy meeting it's first toad
    I can get most everything you post daily by looking at MSNBC. They generally have 8 or 10 Trump headlines a day
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Don't hurt yourself flipping through all those channels---where do you have time for Vanity Fair?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Lots of laughs. Nyt and wapo has news originators. Yeah they do a lot of originating no doubt.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"Where's the beef?" hits it head-on.

Yet, for the record, I have no idea what happens when a puppy meets a toad. Is that a good or a bad thing?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

It's a very funny thing

If you say it's funny, I believe it, my friend.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    If you say it's funny, I believe it, my friend.

Hunter
    ...and by the power of the internet----this is a frog---a toads cousin and the reaction is the same.

One of my puppies used to love playing with toads...Occasionally he would find a little gecko in the house and make friends with it too......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The dance continues.

I think the world of politics is one of the few places that the saying "if there is smoke there is fire"---just can't be depended on.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A judge handling the case of a lawyer for the Hillary Clinton campaign charged with lying to the FBI during its probe into Russian election interference reminded attorneys on Thursday that their legal filings are under a public “microscope” and that he was the only audience that should matter to them.

The comments from U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper were in response to a legal filing last month from prosecutors for special counsel John Durham. It sparked a furor in conservative media circles and led former President Donald Trump to falsely claim that he had been spied on while in the White House.

The filing, Cooper said, created a “sideshow.” Though defense lawyers had asked him to strike sections of the document that they said were prejudicial, the judge declined to do so, saying: “I extend a presumption of good faith to all counsel, particularly government counsel. I don't ascribe any ill motives whatsoever." He also said much of the information at issue would have come out anyway as the case progressed.

Still, Cooper said, the episode showed the extent to which the filings in the case are under a microscope and “may be employed for one reason or another.”

“Just be mindful of that," he said.

The motion was filed in the case against Michael Sussmann, a cybersecurity lawyer who represented the Clinton campaign during the 2016 presidential election. Sussmann was charged by Durham with making a false statement to the FBI during a meeting in September of that year. Durham was appointed to investigate the origins of the Trump-Russia probe, and Sussmann is one of three people his team has so far charged.

In a motion last month that raised questions about whether Sussmann’s attorneys had a conflict of interest, the Durham team devoted several paragraphs to accusations that technology researchers had mined internet traffic during the 2016 campaign, including data associated with the Executive Office of the President, in search of derogatory information about Trump.

The former president and some supporters said the filing proved his claims that he had been “spied on” by Democrats, even though the document didn't state that, and Sussmann's lawyers have noted that the internet data came from the time when Barack Obama, not Trump, was in the White House.

Omitted from your snippet was the judge denying the motion to strike and stating he was not striking anything. He also happens to be an Obama appointee

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Omitted from your snippet was the judge denying the motion to strike and stating he was not striking anything. He also happens to be an Obama appointee
    Frankly, I am not all that enthralled with the whole thing. As you can see I posted a link that allows anyone that wants to read more has that option. I do not have to "interpret it" or spin it for anyone.

Well---that didn't work out as planned.

You gotta feel bad for the orange guy---he just can't seem to buy a break these days----not saying he might not try

I beg to differ. The verdict in the case was not as important as the testimony was. Hold your beer.