Thread: A preview of the next election(s)?

A preview of the next election(s)?

This special election in Florida found the two extremes at odds---and that was before the election.

Next liar stand up

Now, after the election it has become bizarre.

Nearly two weeks ago Republican Jason Mariner lost Florida’s 20th District special election House race to Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick in a 79%-20% landslide, CBS Miami reported.

However, Mariner has refused to concede to Cherfilus-McCormick, the first Black woman to represent the predominantly Democratic district.

“NOW THEY CALLED THE RACE, I DID NOT WIN, SO THEY SAY, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY LOST EITHER, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE LOST,” MARINER SAID.

A few hours before the polls even closed on January 11, Mariner filed a lawsuit claiming there were issues with the ballots in Palm Beach and Broward counties.

“And we’ll also have some stuff coming out that we’ve recently discovered,” he added.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I don't know about the rest of y'all but, I'm going to stock up on popcorn now and avoid the price hikes that will become inevitable once people start to buy it for the uncountable number of recounts.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

I hear you IV but what is going on now concerns me far too deeply to think about popcorn. Our Republic is under threat.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Damn right the republic is under attack. That's the reason we need to vote the people in office that are ruining it out and take the country back in 2022.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Damn right the republic is under attack. That's the reason we need to vote the people in office that are ruining it out and take the country back in 2022.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    You Goobers have been going down that path for 20 years...... I prefer to just live with your mistakes...