Thread: Put your oars in the air Miss Cruise Ship

Put your oars in the air Miss Cruise Ship

....you are under arrest.

Who knew you could arrest a ship

A cruise ship headed to Miami changed course and is now docked in the Bahamas after an arrest warrant was issued by U.S. authorities over unpaid fuel bills, CBS News reported.

A Miami-based federal judge on Thursday issued an arrest warrant for the Crystal Cruises' Crystal Symphony cruise ship, according to USA Today.

Peninsula Petroleum Far East (PPFE) filed a lawsuit against Crystal Cruises and Star Cruises seeking $4.6 million in unpaid bills, $1.2 million from the Crystal Symphony vessel alone.

According to a complaint filed by PPFE on Wednesday, the company wants the Crystal Symphony ship to be sold to pay off about $1.2 million in claims.

Judge Darrin Gayles of the U.S. District Court of Southern Florida approved the arrest warrant on Friday, USA Today reported.

The cruise ship is currently docked at the Bahamian island of Bimini, CBS News noted. Ship passengers were taken by ferry to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday.

Various news outlets reported that the vessel had between 300-700 passengers on it before docking.
    I have friends on a cruise---I hope this isn't their ship
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

anyone heard from Utah?
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    anyone heard from Utah?
    Nope was wondering that myself.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Utah and Ninja Wife are on a different ship, not the Crystal Symphony......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Been on a cruise once... Not for me. I'd rather charter a boat and set my own itinerary....And not have to fight the crowds.... we stayed on the ship at dock and had an outside cabin with a deck...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Been on a cruise once... Not for me. I'd rather charter a boat and set my own itinerary....And not have to fight the crowds.... we stayed on the ship at dock and had an outside cabin with a deck...
    Our Viking river cruise was fine. Our mega cruise on Holland America was NOT my cup of tea. That came close to being my last cruise.

The absolute worst was my first cruise, 28 days, across the Pacifc, no A/C, 5000 stinky bodies and then they told us to get off and then the bastards left

That was the General W. A. Mann
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    The absolute worst was my first cruise, 28 days, across the Pacifc, no A/C, 5000 stinky bodies and then they told us to get off and then the bastards left
    My Dad had the same high opinion of his first cruise...He and a few thousand more sightseers were dropped off at the island paradise of Attu after departing Seattle...Dad told me this lush Arctic Utopia was famous for having a willing woman behind every tree...Unfortunately there has never been a tree on the island...His voyage back to Seattle a few years later in the spring of 1946 was slightly more joyous...I believe I've related before how Mom met him at the train station in Houston where 9 months and 10 minutes later I was born......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    My Dad had the same high opinion of his first cruise...He and a few thousand more sightseers were dropped off at the island paradise of Attu after departing Seattle...Dad told me this lush Arctic Utopia was famous for having a willing woman behind every tree...Unfortunately there has never been a tree on the island...His voyage back to Seattle a few years later in the spring of 1946 was slightly more joyous...I believe I've related before how Mom met him at the train station in Houston where 9 months and 10 minutes later I was born......Ben
    Now that is funny as hell Ben.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Conceived in a train station..... Nice.

My Daughter was concieved in a Cessna 182

TMI!

It's a good thing old Dan isn't here

.....My Daughter was concieved in a Cessna 182
    I've flown in one of those. It must have been cramped in there. Hope it was on the ground!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Conceived in a train station..... Nice.
    No, in Houston...It was a nine minute taxi ride from the station to their home......Ben

I was born in the backseat of a Greyhound bus rolling down highway 41--Rambling Man.