Thread: Pancakes

Pancakes

I had some pancakes for breakfast this morning. They were made from a box of pancake mix from the Pearl Milling Company. Somehow, they just weren't as good as when my Aunt Jemima used to make them. May she always be remembered and rest in peace.

Today's pancakes finished the box and I bought a new box a few days ago. But it was not Pearl Milling Company branded. The new box says Krusteaz on the front. I'll see how they taste the next time I make pancakes.

As for the Pearl Milling Company, owned by Pepsico, they can take their "woke" correctness BS and shove it along with the rest of the Pepsico products.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Now that is pretty harsh

They were just trying to accommodate the easily offended out looking for an offense

The likely fact that no one was offended by Aunt Jemima matters not
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah, I chuckled when I first learned Aunt Jemima changed its name.

Wifey and I were entertained when we ran across a Sambo's in Santa Barbara. We literally turned to each other and said, "no way." When I was a kid, my grandparents would take me to Sambo's in the Bay Area and the staff would give us these incredibly racist coloring books about Little Sambo. I should have saved them.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Krusteaz is my go to pancake mix. I think you will like it Mike
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, I chuckled when I first learned Aunt Jemima changed its name.

Wifey and I were entertained when we ran across a Sambo's in Santa Barbara. We literally turned to each other and said, "no way." When I was a kid, my grandparents would take me to Sambo's in the Bay Area and the staff would give us these incredibly racist coloring books about Little Sambo. I should have saved them.

Hunter
    I grew up going to Sambos in Southern Calif. In it's day it was as ubiquitous as Denny's, A&W and Bob's Big Boy. All of them are all but gone now.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    ...Denny's, A&W and Bob's Big Boy. All of them are all but gone now.
    Yep, some of my favorites are on that list, my friend.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead