Thread: A pleasant evening out.

A pleasant evening out.

It was the cook's night out last night and we joined 8 of our close friends for a dinner out--I hope we were not foolish.

This was a new restaurant for most of us and it was an excellent evening.

I look forward to going out without having to make a risk assessment before hand

Tonight it will be cod at home
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That menu has some really delicious selections. I probably would have opted for the half duck. Probably would also gotten a fried oyster appetizer. What really surprised me was the pricing that place is very very reasonable.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I had the fried oysters for my entree, they were excellent. I had the clam chowder as an appetizer.
    I thought about the duck but wasn't sure of the cherry sauce, sweet and savory are not my thing. Two did order the duck and loved it .

I have a duck in the freezer which I need to prepare.

But, with this weather soup is always on my mind, next up, ham and bean.

Tonight was baked cod with rice pilaf and spinach.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-23-2022 at 10:01 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis