Thread: It's the third week of January 2022

It's the third week of January 2022

And already four New York City police officers have been shot and one additional has been killed. What in the hell is going on in this world. What kind of environment do we have in this country.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Harris county loses another one. Brutally murdered.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Well I guess if you want to look at the glass half full one of the slain NYPD officers organs were used and saved five people's lives. It's not a good ending when an officer dies but I'm glad he was able to give life even in his death.

There's no consequences, I mean sure they are a hero in their community and in prison they get three hots and a cot for the rest of their life, they live better than they ever have, eat better they don't have to work and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. Public hanging might work?
    It's time to start throwing the bums out and putting some half decent people in office, and I say do it now. By the time we wait four years they have already screwed up more than we can fix. People we are running out of time, we need to start demanding we need to start having recalls and "our" government needs to start living by the same rules and laws we do, that will get a lot of them of right there.
    This is your mind on drugs!

And today, 3 Houston PD officers were shot.

It appears the shooter has been found and negotiators are attempting to talk him into coming outside.

The shooting happened Thursday afternoon in the 2100 block of McGowen Street. Initial reports from police was that officers were responding to a disturbance call at 2:40 p.m. in the 1500 block of Tralle Street when a chase ensued.

Exclusive surveillance video from the scene shows the moment a chase came to an end when the suspect crashed out on McGowen Street. Shots began firing as soon as the officers arrived to the scene.
    Source
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Harris county loses another one. Brutally murdered.
    That suspect fled to Mexico, was captured and returned to Houston yesterday. I don't know how they got him out of Mexico so fast.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I don't either but I know he was an illegal immigrant that was allowed in and he had an extensive rap sheet. Sad