Thread: It seems inevitable

It seems inevitable

That Russia is going to invade Ukraine. From what I understand we're calling our people back from over there. I'm very concerned.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Maybe the folks around here are not concerned or just don't feel like it's something that needs to be discussed here. I can deal with that.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Maybe the folks around here are not concerned or just don't feel like it's something that needs to be discussed here. I can deal with that.
    I don't know what there is to discuss. It seems to me that the fate of Ukraine is at the mercy of a madman who has nuclear weapons at his disposal and is not afraid to use them. In the end, the rest of the world will stand down because Ukraine is not worth risking a nuclear war.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    In the end, the rest of the world will stand down because Ukraine is not worth risking a nuclear war.
    When enough money is piled on the table, only then will somebody else deal us in...Until then Ukraine has the same value as anything else held at the mercy of a despot, such as AGER-2, while the world looks the other way......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

A bit of a wild card is Germany---the new chancellor is questionable.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Not looking good. I'm hoping for a last minute breakthrough. I fear a shooting war is about to start.