Thread: IRS Building Massive Personal Database Including Your Live Streamed Facial Selfie

IRS Building Massive Personal Database Including Your Live Streamed Facial Selfie

In the coming months, I will not be doing any online business with the IRS due to their overreaching demands for personal data. I encourage everyone to contact their congress critters and voice objections to this new practice by the IRS.

If you created an online account to manage your tax records with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS), those login credentials will cease to work later this year. The agency says that by the summer of 2022, the only way to log in to irs.gov will be through ID.me, an online identity verification service that requires applicants to submit copies of bills and identity documents, as well as a live video feed of their faces via a mobile device.
    Defund The IRS
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    In the coming months, I will not be doing any online business with the IRS ]
    I have never done any business with them other than having my accountant file my returns....

Fat chance of me ever signing up for that
    Maybe five years ago someone hacked me with the IRS and filed a tax return as me, and claimed to be due a big return.

My accountant was on the phone with them for hours to resolve their screw up.. Now my wife gets a code in the mail that my accountant uses when he submits our return, but for me, nothing
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The government has been moving towards using the IRS as a political tool beginning in earnest during the Obama administration.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I don't want to talk to them anyway, but my accountant is not going to think much of it.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The people have spoken and IRS capitulates!

The IRS said Monday it will suspend the use of facial recognition technology to authenticate people who create online accounts after the practice was criticized by privacy advocates and lawmakers.
    SOURCE

Excellent---that is exactly what they needed to do. It would be interesting to know exactly who it was the "got it"

I have a computer that signs me in by facial recognition. I have to remember to be looking at the screen when I start up or it won't open "my" door