Thread: It works

It works

From this morning's WSJ:

Americans can start ordering free at-home rapid Covid-19 tests through a new government website.

The website rollout is part of a larger effort by the Biden administration to increase access to testing, including more over-the-counter tests at pharmacies and in-person testing at local health centers.

Here is what to know about how to place an order, how many tests you can get, when they will arrive and more.

What is the address of the testing site?
    The address is COVIDTests.gov.

Once a user clicks on “order free at-home tests,” the URL redirects to special.usps.com/testkits. The tests are available to order now.

What time does it go live?
    The site went live in an early launch on Jan. 18, operating at a limited capacity for troubleshooting purposes, according to White House press secretary Jen Psaki.

It is set to officially launch midmorning on Jan. 19.

How many test kits can I get?
    Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order four tests. The limit presents a problem for people living in homes with more than four residents or with people who want to test themselves frequently.

People who try to order more than one set of four tests to the same address on the website get an error message stating: “Our records show that at-home COVID-19 tests have already been ordered for this address. We are unable to process duplicate orders for the same address.”

A senior administration official suggested that people who want more tests take advantage of other methods of testing, including over-the-counter tests at pharmacies and testing sites.

“We have millions of free tests at community health centers where folks can go and pick those up, so I’d say this is just one part of a broader set of programs,” the official said.

What does it cost?

Nothing. The site won’t ask users to input a credit card number. People are asked to enter their names and residential mailing addresses.
    I have already used it without any snag at all. I have 4 test kits on order
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Is this still the kind where you poke a pipe cleaner up your nose?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Is this still the kind where you poke a pipe cleaner up your nose?......Ben
    I believe that is correct. I'm not aware of any other type for home use. That said, I would be willing to bet that the antis have some alternate method designed by a failed snake trainer.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

...and at 9:03 came this email:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	38543

same

Same
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Ordered mine yesterday and received the confirmation yesterday.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The accuracy is a fail so only use them if you have symptoms..... For me it was just a curiosity to see if our gooberment can actually get them to my door.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    ..... For me it was just a curiosity to see if our gooberment can actually get them to my door.
    Same here!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

In my email this morning:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	38627

Ordered mine the day after they announced it. Nothing yet.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    We received ours last Tuesday..

Same brand that Costco sells..

Mine arrived a week or so ago.

Yeah, wifey's already procured our tests. So far, so good.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead