Thread: What a blathering idiot

What a blathering idiot

And he's the president of the United States. He stated today that not even Dr King's assassination had the worldwide impact that George Floyd's death did. This guy has the codes. Damn scary.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

We can call that statement politically inept, at a minimum.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

For a moment there I thought you were talking about 45.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I understand this thread was not intended to invite serious discussion, thus this is all I will say about it.

If the statement was correctly reported here, I would suggest an argument can be made in defense of it's correctness.

Obviously, comparing Dr. King's life to that of George Floyd, without a doubt Dr. King's was, is and will remain more consequential.

If you segment events in their lives and look only at their death I can see the potential for a valid argument that maintains George Floyd's death was more consequential.

I remember both events, but they had different impacts on me----I think primarily because I was subjected to watching a man being killed at the knee of arrogance (and I am intentionally being kind here). Dr. King was shot and killed, much like JFK and yes we were both shocked and enraged---but it was in the past tense, it happened without us. In the case of George Floyd we became, in a sense, unwilling participants as we watched an execution (or was it a lynching?). In the case of Mr Floyd, I watched that event on the TV news and sat there screaming at that miserable SOB displaying only arrogance and not one ounce of compassion---I was incensed along with millions of others. He was so damn arrogant that he killed a man while the nation watched. I might remind us all that George Floyd's hands were cuffed behind him and he was prone on his belly---now, where is the threat?

I do believe that, as a result of George Floyd's execution, we (as in America) have taken steps to say "no more", no more executions or lynchings, be they by knee or by shotgun as in the case of Ahmaud Arbery. Another lynching that we watched.

Without question, there have been many other similar lynchings since the execution of Dr. King---but they continued, many without respect from the law. Now, we may have become incensed enough to say, no more.

As a side note: I am encouraged by the indictment of the prosecutor, Jackie Johnson, the former district attorney in Glynn County who failed to bring charges against the killers of Ahmaud Arbery---may she rot in hell as well.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-18-2022 at 04:03 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I did not post this in political humor so yes I in fact intended this to be very serious. President Joe Biden is inept in every manner and for him to say something as ridiculous as he said is beyond the pale. Thank you for your serious response contrary to my beliefs. It's quite illuminating as to your philosophy about things.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.