------looking long term could be the negative impact on our economy resulting from the disruption of education at all levels.

I posted a figure recently that claimed the college enrollment had declined by 6% since the fall of 2019.

That may seem trivial but it is anything but and I will come back to that in a minute.

The disruption in the quality of education that we are delivering at every level from preschool to college is unquestionably impacted in a negative way. There are some courses (i.e. history) where if you miss the period of 1750 to 1900, as an example---you have simply missed that period. However, if you miss Algebra I, you are ill equipped to go on to Algebra II. Any "building" missing key supports which build on each other is not likely to stand.

Back to the college issue, it is clear that college graduates earn more than nongraduates---it has nothing to do with innate ability, it is simply the reality. That "missing" 6% will reflect on a reduction in GDP as well as that group's earning ability---thus reducing their income tax contribution--- compounding over their lifetime.

Of all the COVID negatives, beyond the obvious sufferings and death, this diminishing of our educational system might be the most serious and long lasting.