Thread: The evolution of smash and grab

The evolution of smash and grab

Continues to evolve rapidly with apparently no end in sight.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/econo...eft/index.html
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Crime is associated with increases in poverty, which has increased during the pandemic. The county's directive was intended to combat social ills that come from misdemeanor convictions, such as difficulties with employment, housing, education, government benefits and immigration.
    Yet there are thousands of jobs out there, people just don't want to work.
    "Studies show that prosecution of the offenses driving the bulk of misdemeanor cases have minimal, or even negative, long-term impacts on public safety," Gascón said when the directive was issued.
    They have minimal impact because there is no prosecution of crimes. Hey look a $2000. entertainment system for free except for having to spend a night in jail, I'll take it! we'll get the other stuff next week after this crime is over with and I've done my day in jail.
    You give low lifes that have pretty much spent their life in jail what ever they want with nothing but the threat of ????? they will be lining up to empty the stores and trains. Give them some time to at least think about it, lets say a year for the first time next time two years etc... If you don't hurt a criminal, at least inconvenience him your not going to ever stop him.
    This is your mind on drugs!