Thread: Green Beans

Green Beans

A new offering for green beans that turned out very good:

I steamed them until "crisp tender"---a few minutes.

While I was waiting for the beans I sautéed in a large skillet chopped garlic (1/2 of a head) and one chopped leak (white only) in bacon fat on medium heat.

Then I added the beans to the skillet and tossed with the sautéed components for about 5 minutes. During the last sautéing I added salt, black pepper and lemon pepper.

Very simple, a welcome change and will be repeated---we eat green beans once a week.

We enjoyed the beans with porterhouse steaks (med rare) and a baked Yukon Gold potato.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    A new offering for green beans that turned out very good:

I steamed them until "crisp tender"---a few minutes.

While I was waiting for the beans I sautéed in a large skillet chopped garlic (1/2 of a head) and one chopped leak (white only) in bacon fat on medium heat.

Then I added the beans to the skillet and tossed with the sautéed components for about 5 minutes. During the last sautéing I added salt, black pepper and lemon pepper.

Very simple, a welcome change and will be repeated---we eat green beans once a week.

We enjoyed the beans with porterhouse steaks (med rare) and a baked Yukon Gold potato.
    take the same steps but with a minute to go on the beans add sliced green olives and before serving sprinkle with feta cheese, you will love it.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I can foresee all kinds of variations on that basic method
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I keep them simple. Steam and mix in a bowl with pressed garlic and olive oil.

I did another new way last night.

I cut up a head of cauliflower including cutting the largest sections in half. I tossed that with EVOO and put it in the air fryer at 350 F for 22 minutes. With 5 minutes left I added one chopped up leek.

To finish, I put that in a sauté pan with EVOO, chopped parsley (about a cup), lemon zest (1 lemon)and about 1/2 bulb of chopped garlic. I sautéed that mix for about 10 minutes on med heat while I completed the rest of the meal.

That turned out excellent and I served that with monk fish in brown butter and lemon sauce and rice pilaf.

Roasting vegetables creates an entirely new and concentrated flavor profile and the air fryer is a perfect option to do that.