Thread: Glenn Beck

Glenn Beck

Is suffering from his second round of COVID. No vaccination but taking all the vaulted snake oil cures, with no apparent improvement. He says that it is going into his lungs.

I wish him luck.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That's a name I haven't heard for some time. But, a quick web search - and there he was.

You're right, Dave. May he do well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Who?

Damn, he has been quiet for a while. I had forgotten about him.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Damn, he has been quiet for a while. I had forgotten about him.
    It is a pleasure to do

I think he lives in SLC.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Read more here.
    "No, the monoclonal doesn't seem to be working for the new strain," Beck said after coughing. "But I'm on ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine—what is it, Fluvoxin? I'm on a bunch of different...I mean, my doctors are hitting it really hard."
    It's one thing to not be vaccinated---it is yet another thing to resort to these snake oil concoctions in the hopes of getting over it

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    It's one thing to not be vaccinated---it is yet another thing to resort to these snake oil concoctions in the hopes of getting over it
    Why would anyone deny himself life?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Why would anyone deny himself life?......Ben

As we have witnessed here some are dug in deep and like you I don't get it

It becomes even more confusing when these positions are driven by politics. On the right, denial of the seriousness exists while on the left claims of the seriousness are exaggerated.

Partisanship, as some political scientists like to say, is a helluva drug.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-14-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Partisanship, as some political scientists like to say, is a helluva drug.
    Apparently so, which makes it even less worth dying for...And confusing partisanship with patriotism is dumber still......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I always looked at Beck as a Rush Limbaugh wannabe. Beck is very very intelligent but he has some out there ideas for sure.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I always looked at Beck as a Rush Limbaugh wannabe.
    So did Beck.

He lives in the Dallas area.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Wait until when he's better he finds out the side effect of Covid is a shrinking Dick. Yes folks want to know so there's a Dr studying it's effects on the male reproductive organ.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Damn... I've had it twice..... I guess I'll save lot on that penis reduction surgery...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Damn... I've had it twice..... I guess I'll save lot on that penis reduction surgery...
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.