Thread: Time to go to Hurricane

Time to go to Hurricane

I make three trips to Hurricane Utah for four wheeling. It is always a good time. Pictures to come, if I remember.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Send them would love to see it
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Sound goods. I like to Jeep that area and Moab as well.

I can see myself possibly living in St. George. I like the weather and the city is not too big (yet), I think the limit of growth there may hang on the amount/use of water. Colorado river water is decreasing. Powell and Mead are at historic lows. Las Vegas is tight on water usage and St George may need to be as well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

St. George will be hit first. They have the virgin river, but that is not nearLy enough water for the area.

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    They have the virgin river, but that is not nearly enough water for the area.
    Nope, not at all. I've hiked the river bottom through the canyon to the West of St. George. By the end of Summer, the river sinks below gravel in several spots and runs underground. And it's a beautiful area. A friend and I once hiked in from a Jeep trail to the North just 'cause the area is so gorgeous.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Well, the trip was pretty much a bust, at least for pictures. i can’t seem to post them here anyways.
    Day one, I did an easy trail with a youtube crew that my kids bought me for christmas. They were actually fun, but the trail (east rim) was not too technical, though I did manage to catch air and break a U-joint in my front axle, that I didn’t find until the next morning. So, instead of hitting a trail, (double sammy) I spent the day in a friends Hangar trying to fix it and locate long reach snap ring pliers to pull out a c clip. 7 hours to change the u joint and 5 of them were spent trying to find the right tool.
    Next day, we did a good trail, (Plan b) but the wind was blowing at about 50 MPH for most of the trail, so no one was out taking pictures, because, wind sucks. In town the wind was around 15 mph until later, when it started hitting 20 mph.
    The last day we took a super easy trail (Toquerville Falls) for my wife, and then left around 4:30 to get home at midnight.
    It was a good trip overall, but had a few disappointments.

I have to chuckle at one of Hurricane's more famous vistas, Mollie's Nipple.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	38540

Actually, I believe that Mollie has seven nipples spread around Utah, the product of a volcanic core and millennia of erosion.

Here is one of Mollie's most prominent nipples:

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	411.1 KB 
ID:	38539

I have to confess, I am a sucker for nipples

....and that is the last pun out of me for the day
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Yes! There is a God!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Yes! There is a God!......Ben
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Not to intentionally sidetrack the thread, but I found this most appropriate way of starting my prayers elsewhere:
    Dear God of second chances and do overs, it's me again...
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Not to intentionally sidetrack the thread, but I found this most appropriate way of starting my prayers elsewhere:...Ben
    Imagine that---I have a very similar start

I have to chuckle at one of Hurricane's more famous vistas, Mollie's Nipple.

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	38540

Actually, I believe that Mollie has seven nipples spread around Utah, the product of a volcanic core and millennia of erosion.

Here is one of Mollie's most prominent nipples:

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	411.1 KB 
ID:	38539

I have to confess, I am a sucker for nipples

There are also a few in Arizona. Kind of makes you wonder who Molly was, and why everyone wanted to remember her nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder who Molly was, and why everyone wanted to remember her nipple.
    Maybe they had good taste (interpret that any way you feel appropriate)......Ben

Maybe they had good taste (interpret that any way you feel appropriate)......Ben
    Ben is on a roll---I'm just not sure what kind of roll

Ben is on a roll---I'm just not sure what kind of roll
    Not to worry...I can see the bottom of the hill coming faster and faster now......Ben