Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: State of the US

Today 1/26/22

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	38564
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

As a new one enters.

Views:	5 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	38565

And in the news this morning:

Moderna has begun a study of a booster shot designed specifically to fend off the Omicron variant of the coronavirus, the company said on Wednesday, one day after Pfizer and BioNTech said that they had launched a study of their own Omicron-specific shot.

Moderna also announced the results of a small laboratory study suggesting that the protection its authorized booster shot provides against Omicron infections is likely to fade over the course of six months.

After a single dose of the current booster, the level of Omicron-fighting antibodies rose 20 times higher than their peak before the shot, the company said. After six months, however, these antibody levels had fallen more than sixfold, though they still remained detectable in all of the booster recipients studied.

Antibodies against the original version of the virus fell roughly twofold over the same time period, the company said. The results were published in The New England Journal of Medicine on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-27-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sat. 01/29/22

Views:	7 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	38568

On /1/22:

Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	38570

Waiting to see when they're going to start tracking the new variant.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Friday 02/04/22:

Views:	8 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	38583

I'm hoping the national news tonight was accurate. 49 American states have seen a reduction in new cases with only one (Alabama) showing an increase. However, deaths are up, regardless.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The reduction in deaths trails the reduction in new infections.

Right now it looks as if the death rate may have peaked.

Sat 02/05/22

Looking better----as we hit 900,000 dead

Views:	6 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	38586

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    looks as if the death rate may have peaked.
    Yes. May it be so.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Monday 02/07/22:

Views:	8 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	38596

Omicron is all but gone.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Omicron is all but gone.
    Excellent. I hope we're doing better nationwide.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Omicron is all but gone.
    Please tell us where you found that with a link. Thank you.

While I look forward to seeing that I will post the current numbers that I am seeing:

Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	38597

Views:	9 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	38598

The 2500+ people that are currently dying daily might take exception to your statement---but I hope you are right. Also, the 1/4 of a million a day that are coming down with it might feel far less angst to know it was only their imagination.

Look at your own chart.