Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: State of the US

I'm happy to say that both measures are now falling and this will be my last post on this unless there is another "event". Diminishing any urge to celebrate is the lingering fact that more than 2400 are dying each day as 187,000 come down with this scurg daily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	38610
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Who would celebrate anyone dying?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I thought it worth an update, the death rate has finally dropped below 2000/day :

Views:	5 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	38634
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"...the level of vaccination needed to achieve herd immunity varies by disease but ranges from 83 to 94 percent"
    - Bing.com

We'll probably make it when enough infected people live after being infected.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The current numbers remain above 1200 deaths per day:

Views:	4 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	38701

I found this article from this morning interesting. I believe that is an open link.

Seems Hong Kong is now in the thick of the Covid.

Hope there's not another round coming.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Seems Hong Kong is now in the thick of the Covid.

Hope there's not another round coming.
    Yeah me too Fred.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Good news and not so good news, first deaths have fallen below 1000/day

Views:	0 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	38743

The not so good news:

Several states in the Northeast and the South have seen cases increase over the past two weeks as the BA.2 subvariant has emerged. In New York, Connecticut and Arkansas, cases are up by more than 20 percent.

Some hope:

The percentage increase, at least in the Northeast, is coming from a small number, so absolute numbers of cases are still on the low side.

The BA.2 seems to be less of an issue that even Omicron. Most cases are not showing the virulence of previous variants.

So this gives me hope.

Yes, we are starting to see healthier stats coming out. God willing, new variants will not arise.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead