Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: State of the US

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Look at your own chart.
    I suggest you do that----show us your numbers.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I suggest you do that----show us your numbers.
    Okay just for you Dave to help you better understand what I meant. I will amend my response to say omicron is rapidly and significantly falling and will be behind us very soon.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That is a pretty good leap from your previous statement: "Omicron is all but gone."

Being the timestamp of that post was past 9 PM----we understand.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That is a pretty good leap from your previous statement: "Omicron is all but gone."

Being the timestamp of that post was past 9 PM----we understand.
    You just can't help yourself can you Dave.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I guess it is the farm boy in me---I have an strong aversion to bull chit.

People are dying, people are getting sick---how many of those would agree with your dismissal of this "plague"?

I guess it is the farm boy in me---I have an strong aversion to bull chit.

People are dying, people are getting sick---how many of those would agree with your dismissal of this "plague"?
    Boy you are a wordsmith. How can I dismiss something that I've already had. Omicron is going away and soon. But you have learned the method well from people that have the same politics you do. You attack the source, you attack their character you try to make them look silly insane and terribly lacking in credibility. Then that makes you feel warm and fuzzy but it doesn't change the facts.

Wed. 02/09/22

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	38600

At this rate we could be under a 1/4 of a million new cases a day in no time!

Until the next variant comes along.............
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Until the next variant comes along.............
    Of course

Yeah, Fauci has his detractors, but I'm hoping he's right. Our nation needs to move on from the Covid Recession.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Well now haven't things changed the closer we get to the 2022 midterms. Some of Daves sources are all the sudden changing their colors. But I do understand Dave is a "Republican" oh also I apologize in advance for breaking your 9:00 p.m. rule.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ctions/621627/

02/10/22

While the numbers continue to be encouraging it is only in a relative sense. The 2500+ that died yesterday would probably argue the point

Views:	6 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	38602

We should see an inflection point in the number of deaths within a few days.

I may just like a 9 pm rule. But, my friends, I'll settle for Covid deaths hitting bottom.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I expect that next week will see confirmation of a downward trend in deaths

Views:	4 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	38608