Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buyer beware---Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Mike have you tried wild turkey rye. A friend of mine who is a fan of rye says that it's very good and reasonably priced.
    Yes, I've tried it and just about every Rye whiskey under $100. My favorite is Bulleit Rye.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I've seen the bulleit brand but I've never tried it.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Try Coke zero and you'll never go back to diet Coke.
    My daughter and her husband do not drink diet soda so they keep a small stash for Dad

I will have to try the Zero---I have not had it.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Try Coke zero and you'll never go back to diet Coke.
    I've tried it and even though I can no longer taste anything after Covid, there's something about Zero that makes me prefer Diet Coke...I have no idea what the difference is, but it's there...I'm sitting here with a Whataburger Diet Coke right now......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I read this morning that drinking diet soda and/or using artificial sweeteners make you 3 times more likely to get dementia.

Um, what was I doing?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I read this morning that drinking diet soda and/or using artificial sweeteners make you 3 times more likely to get dementia.

Um, what was I doing?
    Matthew Pase, PhD, a Boston University School of Medicine neurologist and the study's lead author, emphasized that the research did not show causation, only a correlation.
    When documented evidence proves causation, I'll worry about it...In the meantime, at the age of 75 I'm pretty sure something will kill me some day......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yep - smelling ability often suffers when Covid is involved. Stay well, Ben.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yep - smelling ability often suffers when Covid is involved.
    In some cases it can be an advantage...Such as being in close proximity to members of our society unaware that water can be used for washing......Ben

Air causes death. Stop breathing immediately.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

So far I have concluded most things can kill you. So be careful out there.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'