Thread: Brussels Sprouts---another new way

Brussels Sprouts---another new way

...and absent of grapes only because I had none!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-01-08 17.02.26a.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	528.2 KB 
ID:	38513

This was Brussels sprouts cut in half, radishes and shallots. I sprayed them with EVOO after putting them on the tray. When I toss them with oil I always break off leaves and this prevented that.

Cooks Illustrated recently had a short piece on this (less radishes) and found that turning the temperature down from 400 to 350 in an air fryer the sprouts cooked more evenly---something I have observed with broccoli as well. The heat has more time to penetrate to the core.

The results were exceptional---my wife was making obscene noises as she remarked that she now thinks Brussels sprouts are her favorite vegetable.

Using radishes as a table vegetable is a French thing, although they use a different variety commonly called French Table Radish. That does not preclude using our common variety with good results. On occasion, I do see the French variety here and always bring some home
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...she now thinks Brussels sprouts are her favorite vegetable.
    Keep her, Dave. Perhaps you are her favorite vegetable.

(I could not help myself, the text was just screaming for such a mean little comment. Someday, I'll make it up to my friend Dave)

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

No problem---I don't get angry, just even
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm with it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I like to sprinkle Balsamic Vinegar on top when done.

A lot of time I do the same but I put it on before I start to cook them then I follow up with EVOO.