Thread: Styx concert

Styx concert

I want to a Styx concert tonight and it was absolutely phenomenal those guys have been a band for 50 years and they did a really good job.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I like it.

Wifey and I try to get to Las Vegas whenever one of the old groups (like Styx) performs. Typically, Fremont Street will host the event. A host we know at 4 Queens buys seats for us on the West side of the main stage. However, since Covid hit the old groups haven't been appearing. When they come back, we'll come back.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Party on….

A byproduct of age is that I need ear plugs to enjoy such events now.. (our big arena (used to be Verizon Center, sells “foamies” for a dollar)

Will have to tell the story of Springsteen from the front row.. when I can type an epistle..

Party on..

Looking forward to it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Front row in my life:
    BB King
    Eric Clapton
    SRV
    Taj Mahal - Sat next to Ja Low

Bought drinks for Randy Travis and Dwight Yoakam one night only so I could have that as a claim to fame.. Dwight is a cool dude!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Front row in my life:
    BB King
    Eric Clapton
    SRV
    Taj Mahal - Sat next to Ja Low

Bought drinks for Randy Travis and Dwight Yoakam one night only so I could have that as a claim to fame.. Dwight is a cool dude!!!
    cool

for me
    Lyle Lovette
    Pandoras
    Joe Walsh
    Ramones (pit was right in front of the stage)
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I've never been to a concert...Too loud for me......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I've never been to a concert...Too loud for me......Ben
    Earplugs, just like on the range when you don't have shooting ear muffs with you. Ben
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Earplugs, just like on the range when you don't have shooting ear muffs with you. Ben
    Why does it have to be so loud to begin with?...I know why the shooting range is loud, and I accept that...It seems each instrument player and each singer is competing with the others on stage to be heard...It also seems the morons in the audience are screaming and shouting and otherwise creating havoc also...Why, if they came there to listen to music?...

When I listen to music it's for the harmony created, not the discord and competing noise...One of my favorite bands has always been the Rolling Stones...Until my ex stole my music collection on her way out the door, I had every piece of music they ever recorded...I listened to it at a volume that allowed enjoyment...But I could nor would never attend one of their concerts for all the excess and competing noises...And ear protection defeats the purpose of listening...If others like it, fine, but I won't be there......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    As I have aged, I have lost some of my high frequency hearing (natural).. and some separation of close sounds and background noise (also natural) .. ear plugs seem to attenuate more of the mid range sound allowing me to hear the highs that I would normally miss.. also make my ears hurt (ring) less.
    Last room that I “rang”, equalized, I asked several teenagers who wandered through how it sounded.. my geezer ears can’t hear some high freq feedback like the kids can.. note: younger team member arrived soon and double checked the equalization.. Note 2: newer digital mixers will equilize a room automatically (can get loud during their process)

As unreasonable as it might seem, I have one ear that has essentially died (medical term, Sudden Loss of Hearing, SLH). The result is unusual. I cannot stand loud---it hurts my functioning ear. If there is multiple sources of sound I cannot understand any of it---it is simply audible confusion.

Many restaurants are uncomfortable for me.

Now--for the good news---I remain perfectly fine for the symphony
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Dave, if I recall, SLH can be tied to other conditions as well. May this issue go well for you.

I've got tinnitus, which started occurring when I was in the Army. Most would think we had hearing protection, and we did, but when you're in a tank regularly firing the main gun, the sound wave and shock hits your body hard. And, being a brass musician didn't help with the trombones and baritones sitting right behind me. I need to be right up front listening to a band to drown out the ringing in my ears.

My favorite musical experiences:
    Johnny Cash
    Neil Sedaka
    Pat Benetar
    Heart
    KC & The Sunshine Band
    Cheap Trick
    Ozzy Osborne
    AC/DC
    Fleetwood Mac

Hunter