Views:	24 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	38500

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	38501
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I know I'm dumb, but I don't know who Alexa is......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Oh my, my dear sir, good for you

Alexa is an imaginary personal assistant who lives in Apple devices who you access simply by saying the name within earshot of an Apple device.

You can query her verbally in the same way as you query Google. Beyond that people like my middle son seems to abuse. He is heavy into the IoT and makes her open the garage door , turn lights on and off, find a movie and so on. It is embarrassing, I raised him to be better than that
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Actually Alexa is an Amazon product. Apples similar product is Siri. Doesn't really matter Ben gets the gist.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Alexa was Steve Job's imaginary mistress. He created a digital version that now screws everyone.

[on edit] Wrong billionaire! It was Bezos..........
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks, now I know even less than I did before...Let's keep it that way......Ben

EDIT: And I suppose she's the chick to the right in the second cartoon......
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    ....... And I suppose she's the chick to the right in the second cartoon......
    No, that's Ivanka Trump.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I should probably get outta the house more often......Ben

Well, I misremembered who created Alexa. It was Amazon, not Apple. Steve Jobs could afford a real mistress, no need for an imaginary one.

But then, so could Jeff Bezos........

Sorry Ben for my misdirection, at times I get these virtual bimboos confused.
    Same gig different house

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Sorry Ben for my misdirection, at times I get these virtual bimboos confused.
    No apology needed for me...I don't recognize any of these women, although I know who Ivanka Trump is...She's looked better than she does in the cartoon......Ben

The only Alexa device I have is my Sonos speaker..... She comes in handy when i want to hear a specific song...

Having an electronic assistant we can talk to maybe the closest thing to having a robot assistant one can have. I'll bet there's some sicko out there who's put his Alexas portal in a cute little sexy outfit.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alexa.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	402.0 KB 
ID:	38504