Thread: Bob Dole, Old Soldier and Stalwart of the Senate, Dies at 98

Bob Dole, Old Soldier and Stalwart of the Senate, Dies at 98

From the NYT:

Mr. Dole, a son of the Kansas prairie who was left for dead on a World War II battlefield, became one of the longest-serving Republican leaders.
    RIP sir---you did well
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I always liked him...He was also funny when he talked about himself in the third person...RIP sir......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I never knew much about him in the true sense but yes I liked him also.
    This is your mind on drugs!

“For greatness lies not in what office you hold, but in how honest you are, in how you face adversity, and in your willingness to stand fast in hard places.”
    Bob Dole
    Rip.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I think Bob Dole was an outstanding citizen who served his country well. He was not a man who sat quietly on the sidelines while others worked - he was right up front leading.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead