Thread: Oil-Less Fryer

Oil-Less Fryer

Son in Law sent me a new Oil-Less Turkey Fryer :

https://girlscangrill.com/product-re...-fryer-review/

I'm going season it this weekend and give it a try with a chicken breast ... Will report back.

Please---I never went the turkey fryer route---for obvious reasons. This could make for a boring day---without all the "logistical" issues of frying a turkey.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Got it all seasoned up today. Going to throw a chicken and some jalapeno poppers in it tomorrow.... I'll report back.

The link you posted above sure looks good. I hope it works well for you, too. If so, I just might need to get one.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

What Mike said

I wish they had more than a 16 lbs size limit.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah, there's always some cook here in my state that assumes they can successfully cook a turkey in hot oil. And, it's pretty darned impressive how quickly it ignites a huge fire.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

i'm curious about this too. i have successfully deep fried several turkey's. i'd like to try an oil less fryer, just haven't had time
    it's time to change the air in my head

Update-- Winner winner chicken dinner... The bird came out great. I'm going to love this fryer.

Whole chicken and potatoes in the fryer, asparagus on the grill....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fryer 1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	38414  

Excellent

How big was the chicken and how long did it take?

Standard sized chicken about 5 lbs. Took just a little over an hour to get up to 165*....

I use a Meater thermometer that tracks the temp on my phone ...

...and now for the important question----was the dark meat done and the breast still juicy? That "trick" is the challenge when roasting a whole foul.

I'm a dark meat fan and the whole bird was tender and juicy !!! Just made a sandwich for lunch out of the breast meat and it was good too.

Super---I might have to add that to my list

Nice. Good work, gentlemen.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead