Thread: New Constitutional Republic Formed in California

New Constitutional Republic Formed in California

The City of Oroville, California, population ~15,000, declared itself to be a "constitutional republic" on November 2nd. Why is there no mention of it on the news? The mainstream media is hiding it for some reason. A google search shows a few hits on local news stations but nothing from the "big four".

As the escalating crisis over the Constitutional Republic City of Oroville enters its second month, U.S. military leaders have refused to rule out an invasion, telling Motherboard that civilian leaders are responsible for inaction to date. For their part, those leaders have articulated no plans to protect both the territorial integrity and the people of their once-proud nation—but have also pointedly refused to deny that military force remains an option.
    [snip]
    Records show that at a council meeting, after considering such subjects as whether to lease a photocopying machine for $219 a month and a proposal from a firm called D.H. Slater & Sons for the demolition and remodeling of part of a local public safety building, the leaders adopted a resolution declaring Oroville a “Constitutional Republic City.” The document said that Oroville would no longer recognize the authority of the executives of the state of California and the U.S. federal government:
    Revolt
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

It made my "big four" but didn't make a big impression on me---I have been in northern CA. CA is not restricted to one kind of nut---nor one side of the political spectrum

It can be a strange place
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I saw the news also.. we have the home of old hippies, Tacoma Park Maryland (on DC line by original Walter Reed Campus) doing stuff like that all of the time..

Just wait until Feds or State offer $$$ for a program.. or police and fire need assistance..

No big deal..

The "big deal" is the lack of news coverage.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'll leave this question to our lawyers here...Wouldn't being a separate republic entail border crossings and visa requirements when citizens of one needed to enter the other?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    It’s a COVID mandate protest.. might have contributed to lack of coverage..

https://www.businessinsider.com/orov...c-city-2021-11

I don't know if Boebert or MTG are far enough right for Oroville. Lots of Skinheads and Survivalists and over 26% of the residents live under the poverty rate and are on some form Public Assistance
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    are on some form Public Assistance
    And drugs
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

And that Public Assistance should be ended, in my opinion. If they want to be on their own, so be it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Ridiculous as it seems you tend to see things like this happen when the people are very discouraged with their government. What they're doing is not the answer. Getting rid of the sludge in Washington is the answer.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    And that Public Assistance should be ended, in my opinion. If they want to be on their own, so be it.

Hunter
    yep!! That will end their games
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Hunter
    When I was working for Yakima County, every once in awhile the Local Indians wanted to take back "their land" on the reservation. Since I was new and had purchased 10 acres back then I asked what would happen. My boss said not to worry. Once they start talking like that the county officals remind them that they would owe for all the roads and improvements done on the reservation much less the public assistance. Usually lasted for about a week or two and dropped out of site.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'