Thread: A shameless plug

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A shameless plug

...for the Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fry Oven

I bought this unit probably a year or more ago and only used it for occasionally making toast

For some reason I couldn't "get into it"---but now with more time on my hands I decided to give it a good try----and while this is early on in that project, I am favorably impressed.

The first thing that I made was french fries---why not

I should note that I don't have a deep fat fryer so french fries were not something that I ever made at home.

I didn't use frozen pre-cut fries, I cut Russets into 3/8" X 3/8" strips and left the skin on. I tossed them in one tbsp of olive oil and one tbsp of potato starch. I then put them on the fry basket (one layer with space between) and set the oven to 400 F for 22 minutes--no preheating.

At about 12 minutes I took them out and since they were nicely browning on the top I turned them over and put them back in the oven.

I checked them at 20 min and all seemed good to go for 2 more.

They turned out excellent

So far I have done fish, shrimp, and roasted veggies----and yes even a frozen pizza. Normally I would not even consider a frozen pizza---but yesterday I did the semi-weekly grocery shopping and I had seen Red Baron frozen pizza on sale for $3.99 ---so I got one since I had seen pizza done in one of the Youtube videos that I had watched. By the time I got home and everything was put away a frozen pizza in the Ninja seemed like an excellent choice---and so it was Time, 19 min at 400 F---the crust was crunchy and the entire pie was a reasonable rendition of a pizza.---I'm liking my Ninja
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 12-02-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis