Thread: The court should feel blessed

The court should feel blessed

An actor charged with storming the Capitol as a member of the Oath Keepers nearly talked his way into remaining in jail after his former attorney told a judge that the actor was challenging the court’s jurisdiction.

.....“I am an American standing under public law and I am here by special divine appearance,” Beeks told Howell.

Crazies on parade

These are dangerous crazies that should not be dismissed.

Many of these "people" believe they are "sovereign citizens"---and no entity of any kind holds dominion over them. What a concept That takes lawless to a clearly defined level.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 11-30-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I think any of us Christians could claim divine sovereign citizenship. For, by believing God created us, we're all here by his hand.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I think any of us Christians could claim divine sovereign citizenship. For, by believing God created us, we're all here by his hand.

Hunter
    And it's appropriate to do so in the court of God, where His law is supreme and binding, and His judgement is final...In lesser courts where men are charged, defended and judged by other men, immunity from prosecution and punishment is inappropriate...Those challenging the decrees of lesser courts may appeal to the Highest court when they arrive......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Mark 12:17 comes to mind:

“give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.”
    The thought that society should acquiesce to the personal "laws" of anyone, without limits, is not reasonable to me.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The investigation of the people who attacked the Capitol has “peeled back the onion” to show another layer. It has brought to public light a more detailed look at the ideals, thoughts, beliefs of a group on the “fringe” of our political arena.

Local news here is the people being held for January 6 activity in the DC jail have developed a “cult like” community.some detainees are using the “cult like” environment as a reason to ash that theybe granted bail. (Don’t think that the reason has worked)

Also in the news here.. DC jail has transferred hundreds (mostly People of color) of prisoners to Lewisberg Federal prison (4 hours away) due to broken plumbing and HVACin DC jail.. while the mostly white January 6 detainees live in the new, modern wing of the jail. Why were the January 6 people not transferred?
    Last edited by Sandman; 12-01-2021 at 10:39 AM.

"...give to God what belongs to God..."
    - Dave's Bible quote

Definitely. I like it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Courts tend to ignore ideology and religious Bible verses.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.