Thread: been there done that

been there done that

Went to a " Mexican" restaurant for my sister in laws 60th birthday

I use the term "Mexican" loosely. Essentially it was a yuppie Taco Bar. Main menu featured fancy tacos and overpriced Tequila, I mean the food was tasty and all but give me a break $10/ one street sized taco? Good thing We weren't paying. I can't see going there on my dime ever as its a pay for the atmosphere not the food type of place

https://www.eatpuesto.com/locations/#menu
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Good to see that they've got beer and margaritas.

Seems to me like a Mexican restaurant shouldn't be fancy or expensive. Whan I think of the places Wifey and I eat at, most people would probably think they were dives. One of the places, La Frontera, is staffed by Mexicans. And your thread has convinced me that Wifey and I need to eat lunch there tomorrow.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Good to see that they've got beer and margaritas.

Seems to me like a Mexican restaurant shouldn't be fancy or expensive. Whan I think of the places Wifey and I eat at, most people would probably think they were dives. One of the places, La Frontera, is staffed by Mexicans. And your thread has convinced me that Wifey and I need to eat lunch there tomorrow.

Hunter
    If I'm going upscale Mexican/Southwestern it'd going to be here as the food is so freaking good and the service is fantastic

https://posadarestaurant.com/restaurant-dining-dinner
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Yeah I feel your pain. We've got any number of those fufu Mexican restaurants popping up around here. Frankly, the best Mexican food I've ever had was in fort Worth. It was phenomenal. When I've been out west in California I've had some decent Mexican food but not like Texas, but then again I don't have the knowledge that TG has on the local good places.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Yeah I feel your pain. We've got any number of those fufu Mexican restaurants popping up around here. Frankly, the best Mexican food I've ever had was in fort Worth. It was phenomenal. When I've been out west in California I've had some decent Mexican food but not like Texas, but then again I don't have the knowledge that TG has on the local good places.
    the best places have a menu board in spanish with english translations under them and no gringo's behind the counter. A solid giveaway that it is real Mexican food is if they offer Horchata as a beverage and Cabesa or Lingua among the meat choices

Man that sounds great. I love it when the salsa knocks my nose off with cilantro fresh cilantro. Handmade tortillas hand wrapped tamales puts me right in heaven.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    the best places have a menu board in spanish with english translations under them and no gringo's behind the counter. A solid giveaway that it is real Mexican food is if they offer Horchata as a beverage and Cabesa or Lingua among the meat choices
    We are lucky---very lucky

Here are the meat options:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	38398
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

When we want good street tacos we head south to mexico. There is a taco truck 3 miles south of the border that has the best. We've been know to just do a day trip for lunch.

locally this place is pretty good - https://www.maskadorestacoshop.com/menu

The back of their t-shirts says " In case of a taco emergency call 9 juan juan "

I saw on your link that they have burritos bowls, I used to get lunch from a place on Long Island that had burrito bowls---they were excellent and I avoided the carbs
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This is my go-to place when I go to my place up in the mountains. I think it checks most of the boxes that TG mentioned. They don't have a website so I'm linking to their Google information.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mexi...trex_id:Susyad

I like the place named "No Way Jose’s Mexican Cantina."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Now I'm hungry

Yeah, I like that menu too.

Hunter