Thread: Yesterday

Yesterday

My youngest son

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	38396

That was taken with a muzzleloader. I'm not sure how many he has taken with his bow so far this year. My oldest grandson also scored in bow season as did his younger sister. Yesterday my granddaughter apparently suffered a touch of "buck fever" and could not get the safety off

They eat a tremendous amount of venison and what they can't get in the freezer goes to a food bank.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I have fond memories of going on hunts with my father when I was young. My Dad used an old Winchester that my Grandfather passed down to him. Frankly, I simply enjoyed the time we spent together and do not recall having much of that being due to deer.

May your family hunt safely and enjoy the experience.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I have fond memories of going on hunts with my father when I was young. My Dad used an old Winchester that my Grandfather passed down to him. Frankly, I simply enjoyed the time we spent together and do not recall having much of that being due to deer.

May your family hunt safely and enjoy the experience.

Hunter
    Thanks, he just sent me tonight 's harvest and sent a picture that I will put up tomorrow. This one is even larger, 10 points and a wider spread.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Thanks, he just sent me tonight 's harvest and sent a picture that I will put up tomorrow. This one is even larger, 10 points and a wider spread.
    Does he have a good recipe for cooking those horns?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I don't know but I do know Daddy is done paying to get them mounted

Here is yesterday's harvest---I don't know the weight a yet:

Name:	Matt 112921.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	446.5 KB 
ID:	38401

Name:	Matt 112921-2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	309.2 KB 
ID:	38400

Both this one and the previous day's were taken on a farm in Maryland near where he lives.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matt 112921.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	355.3 KB 
ID:	38399  

Last edited by Dave Grubb; 11-30-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Good photos. The deer we hunted in California were relatively small. But the first time I saw a huge elk here in Utah, I was impressed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead