By Ali Slagle
    • YIELD4 servings
    • TIME30 minutes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	38394

Linda Xiao for The New York Times. Food Stylist: Monica Pierini.
    This hearty pan of sticky, honey mustard-glazed sausages, brussels sprouts and potatoes only adds to the argument that sheet-pan dinners make the best weeknight meals. As the sausages roast, they yield a delicious fat that coats and seasons the caramelized vegetables. Use any fresh sausage you like, as long as it pairs well with the honey mustard. Feel free to substitute or add other vegetables like squash, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, carrots or cabbage. The mustard seeds and nuts provide texture and crunch, but leave them out if you prefer.

INGREDIENTS
    • 1 pound fresh sausage, such as sweet or hot Italian, or bratwurst
    • 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
    • 1 pound small potatoes, like baby Yukon gold or red potatoes, halved
    • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
    • Kosher salt and black pepper
    • 4 teaspoons honey
    • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds (optional)
    • ¼ cup almonds or walnuts, chopped (optional)

PREPARATION
    1. Heat oven to 450 degrees, and place a sheet pan in the oven. Score the sausages in a few places on both sides, making sure not to cut all the way through. Transfer to a large bowl with the brussels sprouts, potatoes and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and stir until coated. (If the mixture seems dry, add a little more oil.) Season with salt and pepper.
    2. Spread the mixture in an even layer on the heated baking sheet, and arrange the vegetables cut-sides down. Roast 15 minutes, until the brussels sprouts and potatoes start to soften. (The sausages will not be cooked through yet.)
    3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the honey, mustard and mustard seeds, if using.
    4. Drizzle the honey mustard over the sausages and vegetables, and toss or shake to coat. Flip the sausages. Sprinkle with almonds, if using. Roast until the sausages are cooked through and the vegetables are golden and tender, another 10 minutes or so. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

COOKING NOTES
    (on hand), more mustard (mix of Dijon and grainy), and less honey (our preference). Yes, yes, I know, "you didn't make this", but honestly, we really enjoyed it. Super easy, great balance of flavors, and a big sheet of heavy duty foil meant almost no clean up.

Easy and satisfying weeknight dinner. Added carrots for color. I suggest doubling the honey mustard to coat fully.

This was bloody lovely! I added 6oz of broxolli slaw mix with carrot and red cabbage (I would totally use the full 12oz bag next time) and I used chicken sausage from Costco that are whole30 compliant (I know honey isn't but it's all part of free food choices) I let them cook a little longer so the slaw got charred and sticky and the Brussels were lovely and dark. I'll be making this again for sure. Quick easy and delicious.
    This seemed overly sweet to me so I used a German sweet hot mustard mixed with Grey Poupon and a little apple cider to thin the mix (I did add mustard seed). That was too thick to drizzle so I applied the mix with a basting brush. I also included one russet potato for my wife and one large carrot for me. I sliced the potato about 1/4" thick and quartered the carrot. I used smoked kielbasa, which is lean and I get from my butcher.

Cooking time was more like 45 minutes.

This just might now be my number one sprout recipe
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

looks horrible, you should make 2 more sheets and send one to utah and the other to me!
    good job!!
    it's time to change the air in my head

I agree. How can you resist our charms?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I agree. How can you resist our charms?

Hunter
    "Everone's tryin' ta get inta da act!" - Jimmy Durante...

There's only so much room at this table......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'll get right on that guys, I'll let you know when you can pick'em up
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'll let you know when you can pick'em up
    I think we might have been hoping for reserved place settings at the table with round trip tickets (first class of course), lodging and a guided tour of the barn(s) included......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I see---I'll get back to you on that

Count me in.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Add grapes...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Add grapes...
    Is there an echo in here?

Apparently, yes.

Hunter