Thread: Early Senate race drop out in PA

Early Senate race drop out in PA

a trumper is gone---will he be replaced, I'm sure they will try :donno:

U.S. Senate candidate Sean Parnell suspended his campaign Monday, hours after a judge ruled against the Republican in a child custody battle that included allegations of physical and verbal abuse of his wife and children.

Parnell denied those claims, but the judge found his wife to be more "credible," and granted Laurie Snell sole legal and primary physical custody of the children, WESA reports.

“There is nothing more important to me than my children, and while I plan to ask the court to reconsider, I can’t continue with a Senate campaign,” Parnell said in a statement. “My focus right now is 100% on my children, and I want them to know I do not have any other priorities and will never stop fighting for them."

THE CONTEXT: Parnell, an Army veteran, had been considered a frontrunner among Republicans in the race to replace retiring U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey (R., Pa).

In August, he won an endorsement from former President Donald Trump, but his campaign had been troubled since his wife testified under oath that Parnell abused her.

Parnell's exit "leaves a scrambled Republican field in a critical Senate race, one of a handful likely to decide control of the chamber," according to The Inquirer.
    Our current Republican Senator Toomey is not going to run for reelection--which is a loss. Our other Senator (Democratic) is no more than a place keeper who sucks up valuable air.

Added in edit:

Now this from Business Insider---a little unhappiness in the castle

Former President Donald Trump had in recent weeks expressed dismay at the state of Sean Parnell's Senate candidacy in Pennsylvania and blamed his son, Don Jr., for tethering him to the faltering campaign, according to a Politico report.

Parnell, an Army veteran and former congressional candidate who was highly touted by Trump's son and endorsed by the former president in September, suspended his campaign on Monday after losing a child custody battle.

A judge in Butler County, Pennsylvania, awarded Parnell's estranged wife, Laurie Snell, primary custody and sole legal custody of their three children, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Earlier this month, Snell testified under oath that Parnell choked her until she fought back to escape his wrath, while also stating that he hit their children and repeatedly hurled obscenities at her, per The Inquirer.

Before Parnell's exit, Trump was reportedly "fixated" on the situation, expressing disappointment with being connected to the campaign's struggles, and was in disbelief over the developments in Parnell's very public custody battle, according to a source who spoke with Politico. Donald Jr. had been a catalyst for his father's endorsement of Parnell, and the deterioration of the Pennsylvania Republican's campaign was disconcerting to the former president, per Politico.

However, despite the damning allegations from Snell earlier this month, Trump did not withdraw his support of Parnell.

Trump's team had even continued to move forward with a January 2022 fundraiser for Parnell at the former president's Mar-a-Lago club in South Florida, according to Politico.

Trump's and Parnell's teams did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
    Look out Jr----not good to piss off the delusional king
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 11-23-2021 at 02:07 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I would not like to base my vote on sparring marital partners. I'd want to see all the family members in sessions if possible (he says sounding like a social worker).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

He who is without sin cast the first stone. The man decided not to run get over it big deal somebody else will come along and probably win.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.