Thread: Movement?

Movement?

I applaud ethics---it is one of the qualities that typifies people of character and value to society.

Today, conservative columnist Max Boot called out Republican lawmakers for “fomenting violent extremism” and noted that “they have also become hostage to the extremists in their ranks” because they fear for their safety should they stand up to the Trump loyalists. Right-wing extremists have threatened the lives of the 13 Republicans who voted for the bipartisan infrastructure bill.

Two long-standing Fox News Channel contributors, Steve Hayes and Jonah Goldberg, quit the enterprise today over Tucker Carlson’s three-part series Patriot Purge. That series, they wrote, “is presented in the style of an exposé, a hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism. In reality, it is a collection of incoherent conspiracy-mongering, riddled with factual inaccuracies, half-truths, deceptive imagery, and damning omissions.”

They say they could no longer work at the Fox News Channel because “we sincerely believe that all people of good will and good judgment—regardless of their ideological or partisan commitments—can agree that a cavalier and even contemptuous attitude toward facts, truth-seeking, and truth-telling, lies at the heart of so much that plagues our country.”
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I think some of our members may see taking sides in this issue as taking a political position. In particular, Conservatives are more drawn to Fox News than Liberals are.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I think some of our members may see taking sides in this issue as taking a political position. In particular, Conservatives are more drawn to Fox News than Liberals are.

Hunter
    I agree, but I will also argue that honesty and ethics is not a political position.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Everything is politicized these days. Everything.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I hear that.

For example, I have a Republican sister I adore. Interestingly, she has decided vaccinations are part of a Communist movement. As a result, she's a strong anti-vaccer. I'm worried about her health.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I hear that.

For example, I have a Republican sister I adore. Interestingly, she has decided vaccinations are part of a Communist movement. As a result, she's a strong anti-vaccer. I'm worried about her health.

Hunter
    Yeah and I can give you a hundred examples going the other way. Our society has become a politicized psychotic society. If you like bubble gum instead of trident you are illiterate right-wing fool. If you like Charmin toilet paper and I like Maker's Mark from Sam's club then you are and elitist. On and on and on and on and on. Folks we're humans. We all have different ideas and we all have different thoughts. It should be clear to any of us by now we will never get along. We have been fighting and killing each other since we have been on this Earth. It's not going to change, it's just a matter of how long we will survive.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yes, we will survive. Humans all. And, as Humans do, we gather in places like this site to talk about our Human existence and experiences.

I like it.

Hunter