Thread: Louie Gohmert Has A Primary Opponent

Louie Gohmert Has A Primary Opponent

My lunatic congress critter has at least one opponent now, and maybe another in the wings. The guy in the article below is an unknown to me and probably most everyone else in the district. He looks interesting in the article. The county judge in Smith County is said to be exploring running against Gohmert. From what I've seen of him, he is a Trump/Gohmert clone, so I have no interest in his campaign. But this new guy, maybe there is something to see.

“Our Congress was meant to reflect the citizenry of America,” he said. “It was not meant to be all lawyers.”

He added that he does not feel that a systemic tear down of the country is necessary, but the United States is on a decline.

Atholi said the direction of the country can be fixed with a plan, which is local self-government.

Trust needs to be put back into the people in order to bring the country back to local self government as the Founders intended, he said. At this point, there is too much power in Washington D.C., Atholi added.

“I think the only way you solve it is you have to get D.C. to do less because all the arguments we’re having right now all come down to crony capitalism,” Atholi said.

The Democratic and Republican parties are in what he described as a “toxic” relationship. Neither can agree and solve middle-class problems such as the rise in health care prices, lack of good public schools, lack of career jobs and more, he said.

Atholi said the simple, but not easy, solution is that, “We need to rebrand the Republican party from the party of small government … to the party of local government.”

“It's the exact same thing, but the difference is that it simplifies what the Republican Party stands for,” he said. “We stand for local governing in almost any issue you can think of, and now, how to conservatively explain what we want to do is simple.”

The Republican Party is on the defensive as the party of small government, slowing down what Democrats want to do but not making big changes once it has the opportunity, he said. Republicans need to become offensive with local self government and make changes happen.
    SOURCE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Fingers crossed.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Good luck
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

“Our Congress was meant to reflect the citizenry of America,” he said. “It was not meant to be all lawyers.”
    - Tylerpaper.com

He gets it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    He gets it.
    He gets the sound bites right......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Too many lawyers can ruin an expense paid Cruise
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    He gets the sound bites right......Ben
    Yeah. That is what we need to verify.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Too many lawyers can ruin an expense paid Cruise
    Nothing against lawyers, Tom. I have several good friends of that persuasion. Just like any other profession, too many of any one kind tilts the game.