Thread: 13 hours of hell

13 hours of hell

On Tuesday I drove my Truck, camper, and horse trailer from Ogalalla NE to Fairfield UT. From the Wyoming state line to Laramie the winds were gusting 40+ that was a pain but ok. At Laramie the CMS signs changed to all High Profile lightweight vehicles prohibited on I80 due to 65MPH + cross winds due to extreme flip over potential. It was like that all the way to Rock Springs. We made it ok at 45mph getting 7 mpg. passed flipped over travel trailers. took me 13 hours of drive time to go 648 miles ( does not include fuel and potty stops)

Totally exhausting. next day I drove 766 miles to home. 2600 miles driven in 4 days
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Totally exhausting.
    Yeah, but that trophy case is fat......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I would have had to clean my britches
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I would have had to clean my britches

Naw your cheeks would have been clenched so tight no leakage would have been possible
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Ahhh... Fairfield, Utah. My jumping-off point for the Pony Express Trail. The PET begins offroad about 4 miles South of Fairfield. As far as I know, the dirt section of PET there is the last unpaved section of it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Ahhh... Fairfield, Utah. My jumping-off point for the Pony Express Trail. The PET begins offroad about 4 miles South of Fairfield. As far as I know, the dirt section of PET there is the last unpaved section of it.

Hunter
    We stayed here at Millbrook Farms

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	millbrook.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	38379

The closest thing to to what Tguy experienced was the time that I had to drive from Reno to lake Tahoe right after a blizzard had dumped nearly six feet. Obviously not being an expert in snow driving I did have a four-wheel drive van with my entire family inside. Once I started up the mountain from Carson City it began to get deeper and deeper and slicker and slicker. My hands were molded to the steering wheel and I was literally scared sh!tless. Finally divine intervention happened and I was able to get behind a plow truck who was going about 10 mph and I followed that SOB all the way down to the lake.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Baja highway 1 from La Paz north... talk about white knuckle....

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    We stayed here at Millbrook Farms...
    Nice. There are dirt roads in the area that lead up the mountain South of it. It's steeper than it looks, but a successful climb leads over the mountain to a town called Eureka. One of Porter Rockwell's cabins is there and a guy name Zamboni (think ice) was born in Eureka.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead